The OCC’s Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), established January 2011, is responsible for implementing section 342 of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (Dodd-Frank).
The OMWI Executive Director and Diversity and Inclusion Team develop standards for
- increasing the participation of minority- and women-owned businesses in the OCC’s programs and contracts, including standards for coordinating technical assistance to such businesses.
- promoting equal employment opportunity and the racial, ethnic, and gender diversity of the workforce and senior management of the OCC.
- assessing the diversity policies and practices of the national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies of foreign banks the OCC regulates.
Dodd-Frank requires federal financial agencies to submit annual reports to Congress regarding the actions the agency has taken pursuant to section 342. To view the OCC’s Section 342 annual reports, please visit 2013 Annual 342 Report to Congress, 2012 Annual 342 Report to Congress and 2011 Annual 342 Report to Congress.
I. Business Activities Program
Doing Business With the OCC
- Register today as an interested supplier!
- Annual procurement awards are approximately $140 million representing about 1,700 contracts.
- Awards are primarily in the following North American Industry Classification System codes: 541519 – Other Computer Related Services; 541611 – Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services; 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services; 541310 – Architectural Services; 524210 – Insurance Agencies and Brokerages; 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services; and 518210 – Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services.
- For most contracting needs, the OCC uses U.S. Government Services Administration Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contracts, government-wide acquisition contracts (GWAC), and Multi-Agency Contracts (MACs).
- For items not available through multiple award contracts, the OCC posts requests for proposals on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site.
- Fiscal Year 2014 Forecast of Contract Opportunities (XLS).
- Fiscal Year 2014 Existing Contracts with Incumbent Prime Contractors (PDF).
- Brochure “Doing Business with the OCC” (PDF).
Supplier Diversity at the OCC
- The OCC exceeds annual U.S. Small Business Administration goals, including awards to small businesses, 8(a) participants, women-owned small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, and historically underutilized business zone-certified small businesses.
- The OCC is committed to increasing opportunities and providing technical assistance to minority- and women-owned businesses.
II. Diversity and Inclusion Program
Recruitment, Development, and Retention
- Outreach has been successful with our College Recruitment Coordinator campus program along with sourcing through targeted professional organizations, job fairs, and conferences.
- Our summer hires and intern programs are designed to attract minority and female high school and college students for a variety of positions, including through utilizing the National Diversity Internship Program and the Pathways Program.
- In the 2012 “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government” survey, the OCC ranked:
- Eleventh in Support for Diversity.
- Thirteenth in Best Places to Work by Hispanic employees.
- Fifteenth in Best Places to Work by Female employees.
- Twentieth in Best Places to Work by Black employees.
- Twenty-fifth in Best Place to Work by Individuals with Disabilities.
III. Regulated Entities Program
- The OCC regulates national banks and federal savings associations, which account for 70 percent of total U.S. commercial bank and thrift assets.
- The OCC works collaboratively with other OMWI directors to develop consistent standards for assessing the diversity policies and practices of our regulated entities.
For information about OMWI:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Office of Minority and Women Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion Team
400 7th Street SW
Washington, DC 20219