Yan (Jenny) Zhang
Lead Modeling Expert
Enterprise Risk Analysis Division
Yan (Jenny) Zhang is a Lead Modeling Expert of the Enterprise Risk Analysis Division within the Economics department at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Prior to joining the OCC in 2008, Dr. Zhang worked for seven years in the banking industry. Dr. Zhang earned a Ph.D. in economics and an M.S. in statistics from Iowa State University, and a B.A. and an M.A. in economics from Fudan University in China.
Dr. Zhang's research interests include Real Estate Finance, Fair Lending, Banking and Regulation, Household Financial Decision-Making, and Financial Econometrics.
- Working Papers
- Zhang, Yan (2013), “Assessing Fair Lending Risks Using Race/Ethnicity Proxies,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- Shi, Lan and Yan Zhang (2015), “Appraisal Inflation Evidence from 2009 GSE HVCC Intervention,” Journal of Housing Economics, Vol 27, pp. 71-90.
- Zhang, Yan (2013), “Does Loan Renegotiation Differ by Securitization? A Transition Probability Study,” Journal of Financial Intermediation, Vol. 22 (3), pp. 513-527.
- Zhang, Yan (2013), “Fair Lending Analysis of Mortgage Pricing: Does Underwriting Matter?” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Vol. 46, pp. 131-151.
- Zhang, Suning and Yan Zhang (2014), "Fair Value Accounting, Liquidity, and Lending"
- Agarwal, Sumit, Gene Amromin, Itzhak Ben-David, Souphala Chomsisengphet, and Yan Zhang (2013), “Second Liens and the Holdup Problem in First Mortgage Renegotiation.”
- Shi, Lan and Yan Zhang (2013), “The Effect of Mortgage Broker Licensing on Loan Origination Standards and Defaults under the Originate-to-Distribute Model: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Market.”