Senior Financial Economist
Enterprise Risk Analysis Division
Brian Clark is a senior financial economist in the Enterprise Risk Analysis Division at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Dr. Clark is also an assistant professor of finance at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Prior to joining the OCC in 2010, Dr. Clark was at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute where he earned his Ph.D. in finance.
Dr. Clark’s research interests include banking, risk management, capital structure, and corporate finance.
- “Operational Risk: An Overview of Stress-Testing Methodologies,” with Bakhodir Ergashev in Stress Testing (Risk Books, 2013)
- “Risk and Risk Management in the Credit Card Industry,” with Florentin Butaru, Qingqing Chen, Sanmay Das, Andrew Lo, and Akhtar Siddique. NBER Working Paper No. 21305. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2618746
- “Leverage and the Weighted-Average Cost of Capital for U.S. Banks,” with Jonathan Jones and David Malmquist. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2491278
- “Valuing the Speed of Adjustment.” http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2235264
- “Delinquencies and Social Capital: Do Stronger Social Networks Deter Consumer Default?,” with Helen Lai, Feng Li, Iftekhar Hasan, and Akhtar Siddique.
- “The Impact of Financial Flexibility on Capital Structure Decisions: Some Empirical Evidence” http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1499497
- “Risk Shifting and Regulatory Arbitrage: Evidence from Operational Risk,” with Alireza Ebrahim