Lead Modeling Expert
Credit Risk Analysis Division
Irina Barakova is a Lead Modeling Expert in the Credit Risk Analysis Division within the Economics department at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Ms. Barakova’s research interests include banking and regulation, credit risk modeling, and empirical corporate finance. Before joining the OCC in 2007, Ms. Barakova worked for the Federal Reserve System for five years in the Bank Supervision and Economic Research units. She did her graduate studies in Finance at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
- Barakova, Irina and Ajay Palvia (2014). "Do Banks' Internal Basel Risk Estimates Reflect Risk?", Journal of Financial Stability, Vol 13.
- Barakova, Irina, P. Calem and S. Wachter (2014). "Borrowing Constraints during the Housing Bubble," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 24
- Barakova, Irina, D. Glennon and A. Palvia (2013). "Sample Selection Bias in Acquisition Credit Scoring Models," Journal of Credit Risk.
- Barakova, Irina and A. Palvia (2010). "Limits to relative performance evaluation," 2010, Journal of Financial Economic Policy.
- Barakova, Irina, R. Bostic, P. Calem and S. Wachter (2003). "Does Credit Quality Matter for Homeownership," 2003, Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 12.
- Barakova, Irina, Hasan, M. Nazmul and Parthasarathy, Harini (2016), "Covenant Violations, Collateral and Access to Funding: Public and Private Firms", SSRN Working paper 2773233, Presented at ASSA/IBEFA 2017.
- Barakova, Irina and H. Parthasarathy (2013), "Modeling Corporate EAD," SSRN Working Paper 2235218, Presented Quant Forum 2012, WEFAI/IBEFA2013.
- Barakova, Irina and H. Parthasarathy (2012). "How Committed are Bank Corporate Line Commitments?" SSRN Working paper 2056998, Presented at 2012 FDIC Banking conference and ASSA/IBEFA 2013.
- Irina Barakova and Ajay Palvia (2008), "Limits to Relative Performance Evaluation: Evidence from Bank Executive Turnover," OCC Economics Working Paper 2008-3.
- Barakova, Irina (2007), "The Impact of Local Unemployment on Community Banks at Different Quantiles," OCC Economics Working Paper.
- Barakova, Irina and M. Carey (2001), "How Quickly Do Troubled U.S. Banks Recapitalize?"Federal Reserve working paper.