Community Affairs supports the OCC's mission to ensure a vibrant banking system by helping national banks and federal savings associations to be leaders in providing safe and sound community development financing and making financial services accessible to underserved communities and consumers, while treating their customers fairly.
Request an OCC Speaker (PDF)
Community Affairs News Email List
- administering the national bank public welfare investment authority (12 CFR 24) and the comparable authority for federal savings associations.
- providing community development training and technical assistance to OCC examiners and supervised banks, community organizations and leaders, and other stakeholders.
- offering customized consultations to help banks identify community development finance opportunities and resources.
- facilitating communication among lenders, community groups, and government officials through workshops and conferences.
- publishing community development information on best practices and investment opportunities.
- compiling Resource Directories on a range of community development topics.
Summarizes certain aspects of the Capital Magnet Fund (CMF) for national banks and federal savings associations (collectively, banks) and explains how the CMF may be used to support a bank's affordable housing and community development strategies.
This bimonthly e-newsletter reports upcoming financial literacy events, initiatives, and related resources of the OCC and other government agencies and organizations.
Community Developments Fact Sheet: Submitting National Bank Public Welfare Investment Filings Using CATS (April 2019)
Describes the processes that national banks should follow when submitting public welfare investment applications and notices to the OCC through the Central Application Tracking System.
Related News and Issuances
|10/04/2019||NR 2019-115||Comptroller of the Currency Discusses Community Reinvestment, Honored for his Community Service|
|09/10/2019||NR 2019-105||Comptroller of the Currency Discusses Community Reinvestment Act, Honored for his Philanthropy|
|09/09/2019||NR 2019-104||Comptroller of the Currency Visits Compton, California, to Discuss How to Increase Community Reinvestment|