Financial Institution Lists
National banks and federal savings associations are chartered and regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- National Banks & Federal Branches and Agencies active as of 6/30/2019
- Trust Banks active as of 6/30/2019
- Federal Savings Associations active as of 6/30/2019
To search by specific bank name, the Federal Financial Institutions Examinations Council (FFIEC) offers a financial institution search.
If your bank is not a national bank or federal savings association, you should contact the appropriate regulator.
- Credit Unions - The National Credit Union Administration supervises and insures federal credit unions and insures State-chartered credit unions.
- State banks - Two federal agencies share responsibility for state banks.
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation supervises state-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System and State-chartered savings associations. The FDIC also insures deposits in banks and savings associations in the event of bank failure.
- The Federal Reserve Board supervises state-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System.
- State banks are also supervised by state banking regulators. Visit the Conference of State Bank Supervisors website for links to state banking departments.
|07/31/2018||NR 2018-74,||OCC Begins Accepting National Bank Charter Applications From Financial Technology Companies|
|08/23/2017||OCC 2017-30,||Substantial Asset Changes, Including Changes in Charter Purpose: New Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet|