Date: May 8, 2017
Description: Revised Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the “Public Notice and Comments” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This revised booklet replaces the “Public Notice and Comments” booklet issued in March 2007. This booklet incorporates public notice and comments procedures and requirements that were updated following the integration of the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) into the OCC in 2011, and the issuance of revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing the publishing of public notices by national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies.
The revised “Public Notice and Comments” booklet
- provides banks with guidance on informational requirements for public notice.
- outlines requirements and procedures that banks should follow when public notice is required and comments are received.
- provides an overview of policy considerations that the OCC evaluates when reviewing public notices and comments.
- incorporates regulatory requirements for public notice and comments that were revised following the integration of the OTS into the OCC.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Manager for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing
- "Public Notice and Comments" (PDF)