Date: October 31, 2017
Description: Revised Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the "Subsidiaries and Equity Investments" booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This booklet revises the “Investment in Subsidiaries and Equities” booklet issued in July 2008. This revised booklet updates procedures and requirements to reflect the integration of the functions of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC in 2011 and the issuance of revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing subsidiaries and equity investments of both national banks and federal savings associations.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks and federal savings associations.
- provides an overview of policy considerations and evaluative factors that the OCC considers when reviewing filings by both national banks and federal savings associations to establish or acquire a subsidiary or make an equity investment in a business entity.
- provides guidance on informational requirements for filings to establish various subsidiaries or make an equity investment, and the activities in which such entities may engage.
- outlines requirements and procedures that national banks and federal savings associations should follow when filing an application or notice involving subsidiaries and equity investments.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample forms and documents that prospective filers may find useful during the filing process.
- incorporates revised regulatory requirements for subsidiary and equity investment filings following the integration of the functions of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Manager for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing