Date: November 30, 2017
Description: Revised Comptroller's Licensing Manual Booklet
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the "Capital and Dividends" booklet of the Comptroller's Licensing Manual. This revised booklet replaces the booklet of the same name issued in November 2007. The revised booklet incorporates updated capital and dividends procedures and requirements following the integration of the functions of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC in 2011 and the issuance of revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing capital and dividend transactions for both national banks and federal savings associations (FSA) (collectively, banks).
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks and FSAs.
The revised "Capital and Dividends" booklet
- provides an overview of the requirements for a bank to change its permanent capital and pay dividends.
- details the different requirements for changes in permanent capital and dividends.
- clarifies policies and procedures that a bank should follow for changes in permanent capital and dividend transactions.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample forms and documents that banks may find useful during the capital and dividends process.
Please contact the Manager for Licensing Activities at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing
- "Capital and Dividends" (PDF)