Licensing Manual: Subsidiaries and Equity Investments
This publication is a part of:
Collection: Comptroller’s Licensing Manual
This booklet of the Comptroller's Licensing Manual
- describes the various types of subsidiaries and other business entities that national banks and federal savings associations (collectively, banks) may establish or acquire and the activities in which such entities may engage.
- describes the various equity investments that banks can make.
- provides detailed guidance on permissible and incidental activities and conditions for establishing and operating these entities or investments.
- provides information on the statutory and regulatory factors that the OCC considers when reviewing and processing applications or notices.
- provides guidance on specific requirements for insurance, electronic, and fiduciary activities.